We’re excited to announce that Axonius has been recognized as a Cool Vendor in the recently published Gartner Cool Vendors in Security Operations and Threat Intelligence 2020 report. Vendors recognized in this report are interesting, new, and innovative.
In its report, Gartner states, “improving security asset management improves organizational risk posture and helps build the foundation required to enable other security initiatives.”
We Set Out to Solve Asset Management for Improved Cybersecurity
Axonius was founded because there are so many challenges with asset management today, and security operation teams often feel the most pain. Asset management is a foundational step to improving any security function, but many companies struggle to truly understand and secure all of their assets.
Asset data has always been problematic for security teams. The problem is the data is siloed and often conflicting.
This makes it very difficult to answer critical questions, such as:
- What’s the asset I’m looking at? Discerning whether something is a laptop or virtual machine should be a layup. But depending on the information security teams receive, it often isn’t.
- Where is it? Understanding where the asset is either on the network or geographically is crucial — especially when triaging alerts and responding to incidents.
- Is the asset known and managed? Does the asset have any sort of security control? Is there any IT management system that knows about it?
- Is the asset up to date? Understanding whether the asset is running the appropriate operating system version and has necessary patches applied is critical to minimizing the attack surface.
- What additional software is installed? Does the asset have any unsanctioned software running? Are there any known vulnerabilities?
- Does the asset adhere to my security policy? This is often the most challenging question for security operations teams to answer.
All of these questions may seem simple. But without asset data that’s correlated and normalized from numerous sources, it’s hard to get an answer. And even when teams do have an answer, the degree of confidence in that answer is often low.
How Axonius Helps Security Operations
So how does Axonius work?
The Axonius Cybersecurity Asset Management Platform connects to all the security and management solutions to discover any asset — whether it’s a traditional laptop or desktop, virtual machine, cloud instance, IoT device, or even ICS/SCADA devices.
The platform automatically aggregates this information and correlates the data to deliver a singular view into any asset. Once security and operation teams have connected data in Axonius, they can:
- Find devices missing security controls, such as endpoint protection agents and vulnerability scanners
- Find unmanaged, rogue, and ephemeral devices
- Accelerate incident response investigations by correlating alerts with data in Axonius
The Axonius Cybersecurity Asset Management platform was made available less than two years ago. In a short time, Axonius has been helping Fortune 500 and Global 500 customers across a variety of industries improve their security programs, including Energy, Finance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and the US Government.
For us, this is only the start and we’re looking forward to helping more security operations, IT, and risk teams looking to improve their security posture through better asset management.
Learn Why Axonius Is a Cool Vendor
Gartner Cool Vendors in Security Operations and Threat Intelligence, Mitchell Schneider, Ruggero Contu, John Watts, Craig Lawson, 13th October 2020.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.